Thursday, June 21 & Friday, June 22 - 7:30
$25 Adult / $18 Student / $40 for Friday's Gala
Cohesion Dance Project is embarking on an exciting new adventure incorporating a variety of mixed genre art with dance, culminating in an evening-length production entitled Resonance ~ an evening of Art Inspiring Art. With dance and sculpture at its core, this multi-faceted project incorporates original works created by the collaborating artists that are inspired by and in response to one or more of the other art pieces created during the project.
Artists and their contributions include:
- Metal sculptures by nationally-recognized ceramic and metal artist – Richard Swanson
- Poetry by best-selling author, photographer, and poet – Tyler Knott Gregson
- Original compositions and live performance by visiting percussionist/dance accompanist – J Stuart Smith
- Live performance by accomplished local violinist – Matt Bugni
- Visual art by – Matt Plaumann and Nicole Woody
- Choreography by Julynn Wilderson, Tanya Call, and Cohesion Artist-in-Residence – Amber Moon Peterson
- And 14 local and state-wide dancers
Ultimately, the performance of Resonance serves to spark fresh creativity and perpetuate a ripple-effect of art inspiring art.
Tickets for Thursday’s performance are $25 and $18 for students.
Tickets for Friday’s Gala performance are $40 and include wine and desserts, the opportunity to meet the artists, interact with the sculptures on stage, and create art in response to viewing the performance. A live auction will include one-of-a-kind pieces by Resonance artists.