We are East Helena.
The East Helena Food/Culture Hub is a community-fired creative placemaking project bringing East Helena residents together around food, music, and storytelling. We are exploring ways that food, culinary arts, and community events can inspire us all to plan and build a vibrant future for our little town.
So far we have:
- taught a series of cooking classes for kids and for adults (including a chocolate-making class! Yum);
- improved and developed the community garden (at EVMS–just wait till you see the results!);
- started looking at ways we can develop the Fireman’s Hall as a community asset;
- built an advisory panel of food, agriculture, community, and health professionals in the region;
- developed a professional culinary program syllabus;
- engaged a team of teen filmmakers to write, film, and produce short films about life in East Helena;
- hosted a super-fun Fall Festival and Apple Press event with the whole community!
This home-grown project needs you. It runs on neighbor-labor, and on community devotion.
Want to know more? Keep up with us on Facebook.