East Helena celebrates its unique cultural identity through food, music & storytelling.
The East Helena Food & Culture Hub is creating a professional culinary training program in East Helena. We hope this project will become a community hub for culinary, farm-to-table, cottage production, craft, and community arts projects. It’s also designed to provide job training and generate sustainable economic development along Main Street.
In the first 6 months we have:
- held a culinary camp for teens, and hosted a free public picnic;
- hosted a downtown walkabout with Montana Preservation Alliance to look at historic buildings with an eye toward responsible redevelopment;
- built an advisory panel of food, agriculture, community, and health professionals in the region;
- developed a professional culinary program syllabus;
- launched a series of fall culinary classes for kids & adults;
- engaged a team of young filmmakers to write, film, and produce a short documentary film about teen life in East Helena;
- and hosted a super-fun Fall Festival and Apple Press event with the whole community!
Want to know more? Keep up with us on Facebook.